Saturday, July 12, 2008

BABY DUCKS!





That's right! For the first time in almost two years we have sighted four baby ducks with their momma right outside our back door. On Thursday night Rick suddenly got up, ran to the door and said, "Baby Ducks!" I ran to open the door and go out on the deck as Rick got the camera. There they were toddling along the bank of the pond being pushed behind by mom. They moved too fast so we did not get a picture. However, when I came home yesterday I saw them again. I grabbed the camera and ran around the block to get a better view. There is nothing cuter than baby ducks! As a bonus, the blue herring was fishing in the pond as well. The momma and babies walked along the bank. Then mom swam over to the island. The babies did not swim, but did a really fast walk on water and scooted over to the island as well. They even stayed on the rock island, which is right behind our house, long enough for Rick to see them. Now I know we sound strange, but the ducks are like our pets since we can't have any. We've been waiting and waiting for babies and here they are! It's the closest I'll come to being a Grandma!

Disney News: All this excitement happened after I came home from seeing Wall-e....again! It was an excellent day.

No comments: