Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wall-E the environmentalist

Disney has made many some what undesirable characters into our favorite personalities: a mouse, a bear, monsters, bugs and now a robot. Wall-e is endearing! He's a robot of few words and yet gets his message across perfectly through actions. For example, when his girlfriend Eve (or Eeee-vaaaa) appears to be incapassitated, he shelters her from the rain and dirt, makes her pretty with Christmas lights and tries to save her from the ship who takes her away. Shouldn't we all do that for each other? It's does have a hit-you-in-the-face environmental message which Disney was worried about. It protrays people in the future as fat slobes who float around in lazy boy chairs and have polluted the earth so badly that they can't go back until life (a plant in this case) is substainable. While most will disassociate themselves from these characters, some will find it a scary look int the future and maybe start cleaning up their act. I know I will (of course I'm susteptable to all Disney brainwashing anyway). Go see it! I'm going again tomorrow. Check out the real Wall-E roaming around LA in my youtube clip over there -------> Note for all those who buy me presents: I want one!

P.S. There is a trailer for Madagascar 2 before Wall-E where the navy seal-like penguins fly a plane. I will break my Disney animation only rule and go to see the penguins. Come on, penguins flying a plane?!?!?!? Even Rick found it hilarious!

No comments: