Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bring on the heat!

I'm a princess. Shocking I know. Last summer we found it difficult to keep the house cool because we couldn't put an A/C in any windows per the condo association. We bought a portable A/C for the bedroom. I also bought one for the 2nd floor loft which is attached in a uninsulated room. There was no way to cool the main den/kitchen area without cutting a hole in the wall and installing an A/C there. So I offered to pay for the A/C if the landlords would pay for the hole. $300 dollars and 15,000 btus later, I am cool this weekend. All hail, modern conveniences...and the princess.

Of course, that won't help tomorrow as I sit in a 2nd floor classroom of a school built of roasting cinder blocks with 17 second graders melting into puddles who'll look at me pleadingly as if there's something I can do. Sorry, kids. No one wants to practice cursive while becoming human goo, but it must be done. 14 days to go!

Disney News: NASA took Buzz Lightyear up in the Discovery space shuttle last weekend as part of their Toys in Space program. It just so happens this coincides with the opening of the ride Toy Story Mania at WDW. Who else but Disney could tie a ride opening and a space shuttle lunch together?

No comments: