Thursday, August 28, 2008
I'm going to buy a time share at the hopsital.
Grandpa Edmunds is back in the hospital with a fractured pelvis. He was at water therapy on Tuesday and fell in the dressing room. Yesterday he had an appointment with his surgeon to look at his hip because he could barely move. They called to cancel and said they could fit him in Friday. I took the phone and said that wasn't an option so we went to the ER for x-rays. There is no surgery that would heal this kind of a break, so grandpa will just have to wait for the break to heal on it's own. That means more therapy. They are saying 2 weeks but judging by the last time he was in rehab, I'm guessing a month. SOOOOOO all the things I've been trying to discuss with my parents and grandparents over the last four months (i.e. looking for nursing homes just in case, saving more by not letting family members steal it, medicare supplement bills need to be paid and not three months behind) are becoming reality. An ounce of prevention.....so on so on. The best lessons I can take for this whole situation is not to have children because ultimately they will use, abuse and not appreciate you and do the exact opposite of whatever my family does. I may need the therapy after this one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, I'm so sorry about everything going on in your family right now. Hope your grandpa feels better soon! People should listen to you more.
Post a Comment