Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Disney Day 2







Note: All my pictures are on my facebook page. Friend me up!

Disney Day 2

We woke up early as we had an 8:35 am reservation at Cinderella’s Royal Table which is in the castle. This make Cindy’s place the most coveted place to eat which is why I took 3 trip to Disney to get in. The most exciting part of the reservation was that we got to enter the park before the rest of the crowds. To a scrapbooker, it is a dream because you can get a shot down main street without the people in the way. Thus we arrived an hour early just for the pictures. There is something magical about an empty Disney, especially on Main Street. You can actually here the music, slow down and appreciate the buildings and stand in the middle of Main Street and stop without being run over.

Rick kept me on schedule and we arrived at breakfast right on time. Before we were seated we met for pictures and a chat with Cinderella. We told her we were married in Disney 5 years ago. She said, “Welcome home!”. I could have cried. I called Disney home the minute I arrived!

We met 4 princesses during breakfast: Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle and Jasmine. I told Snow White that I had ducks in my back yard and she asked, “Do they help you clean?”. I said, “No, but I should try that.” “All you have to do is call them!”, she said. Jasmine advised that we visit Aladdin over by the flying carpets. “If you see him tell him, TAG!” Jasmine said. I just love how they stay in character!

Once breakfast was through we headed out into the Magic Kingdom which had just opened. I noticed Ariel’s Grotto wasn’t busy. This is where Ariel sits to greet you because she is a mermaid. She noticed our Happy Anniversary buttons and asked if my true love saved me form a sea witch. I had met 6 princesses in the first hour of park time! This was a good omen.

We walked onto basically every ride we went on during our entire trip. We rode Peter Pan’s Flight, Hall of Presidents (Obama looked freakishly real and they put W. way in the back. While we were entering the que for we heard someone leaving ask a cast member ‘Is there a show in here or something?’ I burst out laughing!), Haunted Mansion, Small World (First time, not impressed, but it’s a 50+ year old ride. I did like the dancing penguins with hats), Pirates (Jack is still a character in the parks but only a stage where women can’t touch him), Jungle Cruise and my favorite, Mickey’s Philharmagic. I love all the different scenes and music from the movie I grew up with. By then is was about 1 p.m. and we headed back to the hotel to relax.

We swam in the pool with had a water slide and water fall. Rick loved the water slide with twists and turns. The lifeguards were playing games with the kids. The kids had to fill a bucket with a hole in the bottom with pool water and then run over to a hole-less bucket and fill it with the holey bucket water. It was fun to watch. I loved that I was in the pool and could see the lagoon, the beach, Magic Kingdom and the Monorail. How wonderful!

We went back to the Magic Kingdom after dinner to do Tomorrowland. We took the boat this time. We could see and hear the boat from our room because the launch was right in front of us! It was a 5 min ride tops. We took the train to Toontown and walked to Tomorrowland, which was kind of a ghost town because Space Mountain and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority were closed until November for refurbishment. We hopped on got fast passed for Buss Lightyear and went to Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. I love it because it involves the audience one-on-one. Rick beat me at Buzz of course. The ride did give him a headache. He traveled back to the hotel which left me time to shop on Main Street. I also caught some of the Spectro Magic parade which I wasn’t really impressed with. I scooted out of the park before the parade ended. I happily watched the Wishes fireworks from my room once again.

No comments: