Disney news: A CMO as has crowned! Justin for PA was the winner. Congrats! (should have been me)
Tonight I was the only one to tell Grandpa to take off his own socks with his "grabber" tool like he does in OT to practice. When he said he wouldn't (not couldn't) my mom raced over and took them off for him. Grandpa needs some tough love right now because he's refusing to do things on his own unless people make him. So I stormed out of the room. When I later questioned my mother as to why she, my father or grandmother didn't back me up on the tough love, she said, "Grandpa was getting angry and making his angry face,". To which I replied, "So what? What's the worst he can do, make me cry?". I love grandpa to death and want the best for him, but I'm not scared of him. Yell, scream, get mad....I don't care. I had a third grader threaten to kill me 15 days into my first year of teaching. Bring on the 88 year old!
2 comments:
I think you have the right idea.... he's never going to want to do stuff like that as long as there's always somebody around to do it for him. you're right to make him do it himself! Hang in there.....
You know, it goes back to what we always used to say, we are the only sane ones. So, in my absence, that makes you the only sane one. Be strong!!
Post a Comment